Hello, how are you? I am good. Today was great.
Caroline and I have purchased some cleaning supplies for the day centre. We also have purchased two toys- one is a stacking toy, rainbow rings that stack on top of one another... the other toy was large lego that have faces on them! they also connect like a train so the children will surely enjoy those... this is given that they have had breakfast and aren't hungry... we have some children who don't get much food and therefore have a hard time focusing.. it was hard to unerstand at first but now I see that the lack of attention and energy is because of food. It's hard to supply food because we may have the entire neighbourhood bringing their children so Caroline and I are cleaning the place up and supply few materials. We have heard that the outside may get a brick wall soon( the children cannot play outside due to a cliff with garbage and rocks at the bottom). The children are very quick and very smart. They can say their ABCs and talk some english when we ask them to repeat phrases. They are already waving good bye and hello. also namaste of course :) It's great that they are recognizing us weird canadians because at first it was a lot of wide eyed stares.
Tomorrow is a cleaning day before the children arrive at 10am although some are there before 10... The teacher arrives at 10 so it may be a challenge but something that is possible. anything really is with the help of basic resources, materials and community support...
As for the fundraiser money there are many options ... many many options. I'm hoping to make a decision soon but there is so much to consider. It is a gift that will go a LONG way here in Nepal. Something that wouldn't be as long term or as sufficient in Canada. I'm very thankful for all the sponsors who contributed to IT'S ALL FOR NEPAL. Your contribution is going to make a huge difference and i'm happy to have tea with those who would like to hear more about it once I get home. It's amazing how far a dollar can go. It will benefit children in need and it's very important that this money goes towards my initial concern which is their education. Some money will be for the Himalayan Helpless child academy which my friends are teaching at daily. The children love making them talk about Canada :)
Thank you for reading.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment