Monday, May 9, 2011

day 8 in kathmandu

Hello! I am back and the internet lace thankfully has power. I'm learning a lot very quickly and thankfully have the help of my classmates to keep my mind preoccupied. I'm reading Little Princes which is a book based in Nepal and is an interesting book, cant seem to put it down. i highly suggest it if you're curious about some of the issues in Nepal.
I'm fascinated with Nepal and wish time would slow down. Everything is happening rather quickly and Caroline (my partner at my practicum site) and I have been very welcomed into the community. We had lemon tea today with the head of police wife...there were 5 soldiers dressed in blue and in a truck outside their house so it was un nerving walking into the home....we did anyway because we knew the wife from the day centre. very nice. she welcomed us for tea anytime.

We are enjoying the community and I have gotten a hang of the routes around our town. almost got lost but found my way.... thankfully...

actually this afternoon caroline and i had an appointment at 1pm and started walking at 1240pm... we got to the house at 145pm... we saw a friend from the day centre who took us to her home because she ran out of cell minutes so we had to use her land line. it was lucky we met her today or else we would be walking around kathmandu like a bunch of tourists....

Tonight we have dinner with the principle of Kadambari College and Ceceil from Action autonomy nepal. like i said... days go by very quickly and we have met many people which is nice... Cant wait to read my book tonight.

adios (for some reason i keep thinking spanish!) anyways...

No comments: