Sunday, May 8, 2011

Bloggin ain't eazzzy

Nepal is lovely. I am absolutely fascinated with everything I have encountered and have been taking a lot in. I have been to Thamel and have now moved deeper into Kathmandu... I have been placed at a centre for infants and toddlers and currently there are 4 children ages ranging from late one to two years old. They are all so well behaved and curious.


I am hoping to help clean up the centre to create a good repuation for the children who attend the centre with the community. This will bring more children in and allow the babies to create friendships and a sense of community. Relationships are so very important.

Currently the conditions of the child centre are... the conditions are bad. Cleaning, sanitizing and lack of materials have made the centre unappealing to families in the community. Also because they cannot send their children with food to the centre they cannot drop their children off. some children eat cheezy rings for lunch... this isnt bad, they have something to eat in the sense of lunchtime being a time to get something into their bellies. As an ECE the nutrition level is something that will affect the developmental level and how well the child will get on with the day... I have so much more to say but will keep this a brief description...Since Caroline and I have been at the centre, one child has joined the group. He is "the boss" as I like to say because he knows what he wants and goes for it! its such a great practicum experience. My didi is named Rona, she is lovely. speaks little english but that doesnt stop me from trying.

I am taking nepali classes mon-friday 6-7PM so I'm getting beter :)

Internet place is closing.


Subaratchi

1 comment:

Jacquie said...

I'm so excited for you cousin!! Rock their world!! Love you! Stay safe please!!