It's been a week since i've been home. I have been back with the group of gals since and we exchanged photos. I have over 8,000 photos of Nepal and I love them all! It was such a great experience and Nepal is truly fascinating and the people are lovely. I would go back to volunteer and definitely fundraise before leaving. The need for help and support in any way is a great way to give back to Nepal and the people appreciate every kind gesture possible. It's true that the children don't requre many materials although the children do need an education and drinking water.
I have loved getting to know the warm community in Samakushi and Greenland and hope to see them again. The communities made our experience a memerable one that I will never forget and I will take a piece of Nepal in my heart forever.
It's hard not to think about the children and families everytime I'm able to turn the electricity on, get a drink of water from the tap or opening the fridge... the children's smiles were contagious and it allowed me to put my Early childhood education into perspective as well as teach me a different technique to working with infants and toddlers. I always understood the importance it is for a loving caregiver to be present. Rona was the caregiver at DayCentre and she taught me how one person can be a support in more than one persons life and still take care of herself and her family first. She is a strength in many families and in so many different ways.
read: 1. Little Prince by Connor Grennan 2. Three cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment